Sunday, August 28, 2005

A uniform vote

I visited a 6th grade classroom on Friday. These kids are just out of elementary school, about 11 years old.

One young lady had a shirt with the following message in very large print, "This might be your lucky day". Now this could be some sort of walking pink fortune cookie, or it might be something less innocent. I asked some adult female friends if they would allow their daughter to wear this shirt, the resounding answer was "No". Which leads to the question what was this girl's mother thinking? In this classroom there was a very good chance said mother does not speak or read English.

There is a lot to be said for school uniforms.

Comments:
Actually, I don't see that as too not-innocent. Actually, I guess it depends on the size of the shirt and the font type. But the words alone just seem like some of the hopelessly sappy stuff Colorado occasionally provides.

Here they have a lot of terrible shirts because they really don't speak English. I saw a girl with a shirt thath had "Cockfighter" writen along the bottem. And tons of people wear shirts with "69" on them, but I am confident have no idea.
 
I think it also depends on whose daughter is wearning it, your kid or someone else.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?