Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Two more days.....

Holiday break in two more days. Not a moment too soon, everyone is getting a little wound up.

I sent out progress reports for my Algebra I class on Tuesday. The one item of interest is this: the smartest kid in the class is getting a D. In his regular math class he is getting an F. In class he is right on top of things, answering questions, right on topic, gets the point of the lesson before everyone else. Outside of class he forgets about little details like, oh say, homework or take home tests. I think he has never had to exert himself; he can rely on brilliance and a great memory. Algebra takes practice; you don't get it the first time.

We are meeting with Dad on Friday. I think Dad needs to modify his extra-curricular activity schedule but I will follow the regular teacher's lead on this.

Comments:
Where does the time go? Our first week is now over, and I know that I'll wake-up tomorrow and the calendar will say it's January 3, 2006.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?