Friday, January 13, 2006

This blog is dedicated to the memory of Scott

I was driving home with the materials for dinner (soup; fresh oriental noodles, strips of fried pork, green onions and carrots and I hope we have some chicken stock in the freezer) today. In front of me was the inevitable SUV but this fellow was kind enough to provide me with something to read. Several stickers proclaiming the superiority of the Kansas City Chiefs football team (a tough sell, this is Broncos country), one for Ernie Ball guitar strings (which in fact I do buy on occasion), an American flag sticker (which I pledge to every school morning alongside 18 very special special education students). In other words the usual stuff you might find on the back of any SUV.

What was different about this rolling curriculum vitae was the following message, displayed in 1 inch high yellow letters on the rear window: "In memory of Scott".

I must confess that I don't know who Scott is, or more likely was. Nor do I know why anyone would put this message right above their tailpipe to be read by total strangers who likely wish that Scott's memorial wasn't directly in front of them anyway.

But I will respect the wishes of this unknown person and I will remember this unknown loved one; at least for a little while. And I ask those few readers of this blog to also remember Scott, whoever he is, at least until I can think of something else (preferably education related) to write about.

Comments:
God bless Scott, whoever he may have been.

I'm partial to D'Addario strings, though.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?